2/19/13

Late Edition



Edited to Add: I feel better now.

OK so I only threw one tantrum today, and it wasn't even that bad. And I apologized for it right after it happened. Some ameliorations this afternoon:



At work, I got a copy of the lost Snowpony record. The Little Girls Understand 7" on the Rough Trade singles club. I didn't know it existed until legendary Larry-Bob tweeted about it. It's amazing. I forgot I ordered it and it arrived today. It's the best. SO much buzz about the new My Bloody Valentine Record, and then none. Then it stopped! But Larry-Bob is right on to talk about Snowpony, who I also love. The 7" is double special because it does feature liner notes by Pat Califa, mostly about daddies, and it also includes this gem:

EROS IS THE ONLY THING WE ALL HAVE IN COMMON

(Emphasis mine). The songs are both new personal anthems. I'm so bummed that they're not available as MP3s. I guess if you want to hear them, you'll have to come over to my house. Or invite me to bring my 7" over to yours.

Anyway, then when I got home from work and while trying to make a snack by mixing up the peanut butter, the cat jumped near me and while trying to shoo her off the counter, I totally accidentally spilled peanut oil on my nice work shirt and I definitely started wigging out, but I found out I got lovely a handwritten letter from my soul sister La JohnJoseph. I can't wait to visit her this summer! It's been too long. I'm old now, and now she is a tiny little teen girl supermodel. She ages in reverse. So that lifted my spirits.

Then I had a meeting, a rehearsal for this project this weekend and involved is Miss Erin Markey, as well as Boogers, and me, and we're all Leos. And it's a private party (I'll say that much only) and it's so exciting but I was feeling overwhelmed and I kind of had a little bit of a shitfit at the meeting. But I got it together and I think it was ok. And I decided I'm going to have so much fun.

And then again Erin and I are hanging out tomorrow to take the train to Philly to do a reading with Dan Fishback at the Kelly Writers House. I'm actually really very excited and definitely honored to go there, to be invited to read there. I hope people come! It's free and at 6pm. And I'm excited about that.

I'm focusing on being excited. I'm gonna listen to this new Snowpony 7" a million more times and eat some steamed squash a la chef Miss Jess Paps and go to bed extra early so that I can sneak to the gym in the morning. I feel better. I'm super excited to go to Philly. I love that city.

Speaking of things that make me feel better always, I found this video of Bridget Everett performing with Patti LuPone. It's amazing and makes me so happy:



This video makes me feel so many wonderful feelings.

No comments: